Sunday, August 17, 2008

Do mice Pop or Crunch?

I was visiting Lyn Cash's blog post and I had a memory burst.
Did I ever tell you about the mouse that lived in my car? Under my hood?
Yep, my mouse scared the crap out of me while driving.
There I was, driving along a winding country road when out popped the head of the mouse. He climbed UP the windshield and STARED at me!
No lie-- AS I DROVE.
So there it was, with its little beady eyes and nose a-twithin', which I suspect is 'mouse' for HaHa or Boo!.
Talk about the ultimate taunt.
Anyway, a week or so later, I go to pick up my son from the sitter and I had to park in a different spot from where I usually do in the mornings.
There, where one of my tires would have been from the morning was the flattened mouse.
Seems when the car stopped, either the furry thing thought I was home and went to explore for food, or he was coming back from foraging -- either way, I'm sure his little mouse legs were going a mile a minute trying to keep up with the rotation of the wheel before he lost.
Forgive me if I laugh at the visual. I still think it's funny.
And so, I have to wonder. I know that frogs POP when you drive over them, do mice pop too? Or do they crunch?
OK, so I'm indulging in a bit of morbid humor.
TEE HEE

2 comments:

Dru said...

you're a brave woman. I would have freaked out seeing that mouse on a car's windshield. I freak out when I see them on the subway tracks.

Have a good Monday.

Marianne Arkins said...

Okay.... hello... mouse lover here-- ::waves:: -- so, just ICK. Okay?

I Tried a Book Out of My Comfort Zone

Sometimes, reading out of my comfort zone is ... well, uncomfortable. The blurb of the book sounded rather interesting. The Fate of Mercy ...