Sunday, September 21, 2008

Is this a protest song?

With every military conflict this country has engaged in, there are songs of protest, of awareness that somewhere in that good fight there is a dark side.

I could be wrong, but I think this song is in response to our current conflict. The beat is hard, the pace is harder. The lyrics are perhaps difficult to discern if listened to on the radio. That is why this YouTube clip is better because the words are there for you to enjoy. The crow is a bit of a spazz, but it's a well put together piece.

I have a tendency to like hard rock, so this song appealed before I really heard the message. It made me think, and that's a favorite thing.

Enjoy.

No comments:

I Tried a Book Out of My Comfort Zone

Sometimes, reading out of my comfort zone is ... well, uncomfortable. The blurb of the book sounded rather interesting. The Fate of Mercy ...