Saturday, February 03, 2018

My Leading Men




Good morning!

Today's post is going to be a quick one. I was invited to go outlet shopping with a group of friends. When they took me to the new outlets at Foxwoods two months ago, it was my first time going to such a thing. They were aghast.  I was a 'shopping outlets virgin'. They have taken up the challenge to cure me. LOL

Anyway, I was thinking about heroes who take charge and I had no problem coming up with seven.  The dilemma was choosing which ones.  That's a nice puzzle to solve.  So, here are the men who lead me during my romantic getaways of imagination.

Lothaire (Immortals After Dark #12). He was a villain for many books in the series. A true anti-hero. There was something tantalizing about him.  Even though Darth Vader was redeemed in the end, Lothaire kept more true to his character so he never really turned into a goody-two-shoes.  Watching him fall in love was highly entertaining, yet Ms. Cole had a way of humanizing him enough to make him a great leading man. He grew on me. LOL

                         
Seth from Ms. Duvall's Immortal Guardians.  He doesn't have his own HEA yet.  I'm not-so-patiently waiting for it.  Seth is a very unusual hero as he leads and cares for a unique collection of humans.  Why he's so vastly different, what makes the humans he cares for so precious, and the lengths he'll go through to protect them blows my mind.  He seems lonely, he has this internal pain I want to heal, but Seth being Seth, puts everyone's needs before his own.  He's mysterious, powerful and capable of great compassion. 

                                                                   

Rogan from Ilona Andrews Hidden Legacy Series.  He's such a BAD bad boy, he's delicious.  He's powerful, stubborn, manipulative in amazing ways, and he has never loved or been loved, ever. Watching him find a happiness that is unique to the kind of being he is, was an awesome experience!

                                                                   
       

Lucien Argeneau by Lynsay Sands.  He's the big boss, the one all the Immortals fear. He's the perfect straight man. Yes, he shoulders a LOT of responsibility and he carries himself with a stoic, powerful demeanor - but his brethren love to poke him every chance they get - when they deem it safe to do so.  As much as I respect his character, I giggle too.

                                                   
Gregori, the Dark One from Christine Feehan's Dark series.  His HEA is in the 4th book of the series., Dark Magic.  He's a very powerful, scary and spooky Carpathian. He appears many times throughout the series as their most powerful healer and fighter.  He captures my imagination when Ms. Feehan describes him. So when he falls for Savannah, it's a beautiful thing.  Another thing I like about him, he never runs from a fight.
                                               
Vlad.  I' was introduced to  him in the first book, Once Burned, in the Night Prince series. Yes, he's basically Dracula BUT like nothing I'd ever read before.  I ADORED his character - dark though he was.  Ms. Frost created a very seductive hero and of course, the heroine is just as unique as he is.  It's a trilogy so there's plenty of twists and turns.  Vlad isn't a 'I love him" character - there were times I wanted to smack him because he is just SO his own man, arrogant, commanding and very possessive with the woman he eventually falls in love with.  Why he's so commanding, his back story, is explosive in how it touched my heart.  Life made him what he is, but Leila introduced the softer emotions. 

                                                                     

Ian MacKenzie in The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie by Jennifer Ashley. I read his story way back in 2012 and it's stayed with me all these years.  Ian has what we now know as Asperger's. His character made such a huge impact that any book in the series that Ms. Ashley writes is always better simply by the virtue of Ian being in it.  I adore, love, want to hug, Ian. His story brings to life the power of love.  He's a terrific, stellar and wonderful hero.
   
                                                           

So, those are my favorite leading men.  If I read Nora Roberts, chances are one of her men would make this list as so many people rave about a certain one.  But I don't so he's not here. ;)

Who is yours?

If you want to see the place that created the Saturday Seven, go here.

12 comments:

Wendi Zwaduk and Megan Slayer said...

My favorite hero that takes charge has to be Zsadist from Lover Awakened by JR Ward. I don't know. The fact that he can kick butt then sing like an angel...it did something to me.

Long and Short Reviews said...

What a wonderful Saturday Seven.. thanks for the books to add to my TBR pile! and Thanks for playing.. have fun outlook shopping :-)

Lydia said...

I hadn't heard of any of these titles. The cover for Bite Me if You Can is very alluring, though.

This is my Saturday Seven post for this week.

Marianne Arkins said...

Do you know, the only author on your list I've read is Lynsay Sands?!? It's funny how much the Ian MacKenzie book impacted you, even when it's been years since you read it. I love how it keeps popping up :-)

Kathy said...

Well, I am only familiar with a couple of your take charge heroes but I must admit none of the others look as if it will be a chore to check out:)

Thanks for the post, the time spent and the suggestions.

c7201996 said...

I would like to read the story with Ian MacKenzie. I wrote that one down. Thank you for sharing.

Michele said...

Hi, Wendi, thanks for stopping by.

I stopped reading JR Ward before his story came about. I liked the first few books and the author knows how to write tortured heroes. I'm glad one of her heroes made the cut for you. :) :)

Michele said...

Hi, LASR!
Thanks for visiting.
And yes, I had a TON of fun shopping! They even had a Lindt store! How could I pass up chocolate? **grin** I didn't. :)

Michele said...

Hi, Lydia:

If you do a search for Ms. Sands' covers, you'll find there are a lot of covers that are equally compelling. :) She's great.

Thanks for your link to your Saturday 7!!

Michele said...

Hi, Marianne - Thanks for commenting on my humble blog. I will never get rid of Ian's story, ever. It's on my keeper shelf and there he will stay. :)

Any chance I get, I give a shout out- I like his role in one of the Christmas stories too ... :)



Michele said...

Hi, Kathy!

I'm glad you liked my post.
I just realized something. Out of all my list, Ian is the only 'normal human' in the bunch. LOL

If you do check out any of my favorite men, let me know what you think. I'd love to hear your opinion. :) :)

Michele said...

Hi, c7201996! Thanks for visiting.

I'm thrilled that my showcasing Ian today struck a chord with you. I hope you come to adore his character as much as I do. There's a lot of love in that story and I always feel good at the end. Ian has a interesting but very caring family. I think it's one of Ms. Ashley's best books. :)

I Tried a Book Out of My Comfort Zone

Sometimes, reading out of my comfort zone is ... well, uncomfortable. The blurb of the book sounded rather interesting. The Fate of Mercy ...