Thursday, March 27, 2008

Need to Know

The Long and the Short of It is issuing a call for submissions. We are looking for romantic short stories for our "Thrifty Thursdays." If you have a short story lurking around in your files, or one you've been thinking about writing, why not let us give it a home? Check out our guidelines and, if you think you have a fit, send the story to us. For a limited time, you will get a month's free advertising or $10 off our Author Spotlight if your story is published.
Looking forward to reading your works :-)




**********************************

I am sure that you've heard of book cover's that are cheekily referred to as "Bodice Rippers", right?


Well, the covers to THESE books don't have bodices to rip. There IS ripping but not ... well.... you have to SEE the covers to appreciate them.






If you don't think it's worth the look, at least it's worth the read!

I know you must have favorite authors and I wouldn't be surprised if you did shout out's about them on your own blogs. So, I'm going to do that too.

Shelley Munro is one of my fav's. I discovered her books at Ellora's Cave and ever since, I've read her art.

This is the latest fun book but not from Ellora's. It's from Cerridwen Press.

Check out the review for


********************************************

Joke time ...

The Sensitive Man

A woman meets a man in a bar.

They talk; they connect; they end up leaving together. They get back to his place, and as he shows her around his apartment, she notices that one wall of his bedroom is completely filled with soft, sweet,cuddly teddy bears.



There are three shelves in the bedroom, with hundreds and hundreds of cute, cuddly teddy bears carefully placed in rows, covering the entire wall!

It was obvious that he had taken quite some time to lovingly arrange them and she was immediately touched by the amount of thought he had put into organizing the display.

There were small bears all along the bottom shelf, medium-sized bears covering the length of the middle shelf, and huge, enormous bears running all the way along the top shelf.




She found it strange for an obviously masculine guy to have such a large collection of Teddy Bears and she's quite impressed by his sensitive side, but doesn't mention this to him.

They share a bottle of wine and continue talking and, after awhile, she finds herself thinking, 'Oh my God! Maybe, this guy could be the one!

Maybe he could be the future father of my children?'

She turns to him and kisses him lightly on the lips He responds warmly. They continue to kiss, the passion builds, and he romantically lifts her in his arms and carries her into his bedroom where they rip off each other's clothes and make hot, steamy love.



She is so overwhelmed that she responds with more passion, more creativity, more heat than she has ever known. After an intense, explosive night of raw passion with this sensitive guy, they are lying there together in the afterglow.

The woman rolls over, gently strokes his chest and asks coyly, 'Well,how was it?'

The guy gently smiles at her, strokes her cheek, looks deeply into her eyes, and says:


'Help yourself to any prize from the middle shelf'




6 comments:

Chris M. said...

OH... *snort* That joke is BAD!

As for the covers... hmm... those look awfully familiar! LOL They were definitely drool-worthy.

Brandy said...

OH MY! That joke was horrible. But funny. *g*
The second cover, the book is definitely......different. One of the blogs I visit reviewed it. Does the word Hermaphrodite mean anything to you? *g* Um, and the hero had TWO, um, yeah anyway.

Good luck with the submissions!

OH, and hope you're having a good week.

Marianne Arkins said...

Ohh.... ***groan***.... that was a really bad joke.

And, I happen to really like those covers *G*.

Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...

Oh, oh, oh, Michele--that joke was a definite groaner.

But the book covers are great. :-)

Rayke said...

I know that the dude in the joke is fictional...but I think he just became my new hero.

Michele said...

LOL, Chris..gee I wonder why??
**grin**
Yep, that joke is bad, that's why it's perfect for my blog.
*lol*

**********************
Hey Brandy!!
Yes, my week is good because it's FRIDAY and it's OVER.
and yes, I have heard about certain unusual appendages in that story and you know, I WANT to read it... I think it's very ... intriguing..' :-)

Guess that's just me *wink*

***********************


I like making people Groan, Marianne... *VBG*, It's one of my goals in life.
and yep, those covers are noteworthy!
*************************

Hahahahah! Daisy! HI! and Yep, glad you could stop by for a little "groan therapy"
Balanced with some eye appreciation.
**wink**

************************

Rayke..you rascal.
**snort**

I love your irreverant humor.

I Tried a Book Out of My Comfort Zone

Sometimes, reading out of my comfort zone is ... well, uncomfortable. The blurb of the book sounded rather interesting. The Fate of Mercy ...