Thursday, June 12, 2008

Frogs and Fodder

So, how are things?
Survive the heat?
A lot of towns closed all their schools this past Tuesday because of the intense heat. That caused a lot of parents a dilemma because it was a scramble to find child care.
Me? I have to work different days and arrive at 8AM instead of 9AM. Have to make up the hours since I have to leave work early on Friday. I really dislike having my plans thwarted.
So, did you visit LASR? Have you entered Daisy's contest? I still hope you do so was can talk about her book. It rocks!
BTW - a thought came into my head.

If a Pirate says, "Blow me down!"
Who says, "Blow me up?"

Are you doing anything to celebrate Father's Day for the dad-men in your life?
Mine is going deep sea fishing. Only his second time and I hope THIS time, we get some fish! LOL
As it is, I'm glad he's going to do manly fun things instead of mowing the lawn or cleaning the gutters.
OH, this groaner just in:
What do Skunks use to make telephone calls?
A Smell-phone.

Have you even seen a bridge with such Odd Guardians? Thought I'd share them with you. I forget the city but it is in Connecticut. Enjoy the oddity!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Okay, is it just me or is the frog just a bit creepy? *G* Sorry about the heat. The schools here are already out for the summer.

Have a great weekend and I hope your Hubs has a great time Deep Sea Fishing.

I Tried a Book Out of My Comfort Zone

Sometimes, reading out of my comfort zone is ... well, uncomfortable. The blurb of the book sounded rather interesting. The Fate of Mercy ...