Thursday, October 02, 2008

A Cute Kitty Video

I found this on the great DDD's post. It's really cute and since I'm a cat lover, well, it's a natural addition to this blog. It's a favorite thing. :-) And a joke for you: A woman was helping her husband set up his new computer and, at the appropriate time in the process, told him he would now need to enter a password - something he would use to log-on. Her husband was in a rather devilish mood and thought he would try for the shock effect to bring this to his wife's attention. So, when the computer asked him to enter his password, he made it plainly obvious to his wife that he was keying in: P ....... E ....... N ....... I ....... S ....... His wife fell out of her chair laughing when the computer replied ***PASSWORD INVALID...........NOT LONG ENOUGH*** I love this kind of silly humor, don't you? ON the personal front. Not much happening. Discovered a new author I really like, Patricia Briggs. Quite a nifty piece of world building she's done. Her heroine, Mercedes Thompson...she's spunky and unique. I like this series so far. The interesting thing is this author doesn't zero in on only one person...there are offshoots which helps a reader look at different aspects of the same world. I think that is what is keeping me hooked. TTYL

1 comment:

Brandy said...

LOL the joke! I saw the video on DDD's site. *g*

Glad you found a new author you like. It's always nice when an author doesn't focus soley on one place/person, especially if it's a series! *G*

I Tried a Book Out of My Comfort Zone

Sometimes, reading out of my comfort zone is ... well, uncomfortable. The blurb of the book sounded rather interesting. The Fate of Mercy ...