Sunday, November 27, 2016

More Favorite Things

This is a post that accidently was left in draft mode since JULY 2011 !!!  I just found it and figured it's still relevant ... :)
________________________________________________________________________

Why is it, do you think, that we love spies? And intrigue? And masterful men?

Growing up, I had my girlish heart go pitter patter over these:  These links are to intros.

I Spy  What a cool idea when you think of it.  Can you see some of today's tennis players as secret agents? And to think, Bill Cosby used to be an action hero. Cool.
(Nov 2016 - guess things are not so cool for him now. My, how time changes things!!)

The Man from U.N.C.L.E - Now Mr. Vaugn touts a law office. LOL (as of Nov 2016 - Mr. Vaugn recently passed away.  He sure had a long run though.)

The AVENGERS - I always wanted to be Mrs. Peel. (Nov 2016 - still do)

The SAINT - before he was Bond, James Bond

The Wild Wild West - but be aware..when he kisses his would-be assasin?  In the original, he clobbers the vixen and knocks her on her butt.  As far as I'm concerned, they should have kept it.  Not sure why, but he seemed, more manly, more of a rough and tough agent who gets the job done. As it is, she SWOONS?  Nawww... deck her - it shows equality between one agent and another.  ::snort::

VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA - of course they solved crimes - of the "I want to take over the world' kind.

FBI - I used to watch this with my grandparents.  Ephram was such a hottie back then! (NOV 2016 - wish the FBI was as respected now as it was then.)

77 Sunset Strip :  - Ok, it was a bit before my time, but I loved the idea of it.

PETER GUNN - I'm not the only one who thought the theme music was cool,- heck, so did the Blues Brothers. lol

THE MOD SQUAD  - This is one of my favorite theme songs; it was so energetic - and I like the idea of young people really making a difference.  I just want to RUN whenever I hear this music. And why does Clarence Williams remind of of Mr. Fishburn?

SWAT  - how could I forget this?  Robert Urich!  I miss him. What a fun show.

MAVERICK - James Garner - I girl-crushed on him long before the Rockford Files...

RAWHIDE - Before Spaghetti Westerns there was this T.V. series for Mr. Eastwood. Fond memories.

I hope these links stay working on YouTube because I like to listen to them and I have a one stop place to find them. Every one of these T.V. shows affected me as I grew up.  What do kids have these days that doesn't talk down to them, (other than Siri)  or make them seem dumber than they are? What they do have disrespects adults or celebrates dysfunctional families. These listed shows may seem dated, but in them they acted like adults, had characters you could look up to, role models, and even as a kid, I enjoyed every single one.

No comments:

I Tried a Book Out of My Comfort Zone

Sometimes, reading out of my comfort zone is ... well, uncomfortable. The blurb of the book sounded rather interesting. The Fate of Mercy ...