Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Mod Squad - Blast from my past

Oh I am So having fun.


Remember The MOD SQUAD?



I have that as one of my most favorite memories of TV when I was younger.


You know that old saying, "You can't go back."?
They were right.
One thing that hasn't changed is the music.
The music is awesome!

I never realized how suspensefully romantic the intro is. Think of all the latest romance books that have the heroine running from the bad guy along with the hero(es) and his sidekick(s).

How the heroes, being male, still have a tendency to protect the female, even when she's capable of doing - if not the same job as they, then darned close to it - the same level of survivability (read kick-A$$)required to get the job done.




Check out the Intro to the MOD SQUAD - the music gets you movin' and groovin'. Sort of makes me want to run too. **gg**






If you have high speed ( I like saying that) then please check out this YouTube link. It's a scene from the Mod Squad.



What you see in this clip could NEVER be done now. Personally, I was rooting for the good guys but nowadays, the good guys hands are tied. At least, that's how I feel.
Another thing is ... the one-time manly hero of my young heart has the voice of a .... gentle geek. He can throw a good punch, sure - but when he talks?

Ouch. That's what I meant by my not being able to go back.
I think my tastes have changed.
LOL
Another thing I think is funny is these cops drive a woody with the requisite surf boards on top. That is just too cute!
On an aside... you know that pic of Michael Cole?
I have a blog buddy whose blog has been neglected because he's doing some amazing things in his life.
But when I first got a comment from him years ago? My heart almost stopped. You see, his blog icon was his picture.
My very first impression was that I was looking at a matured Michael Cole when in fact it was non other than Judson Knight, husband of the wonderful author, Deidre Knight, of the Parrallel series.
And Judson's voice is the voice that should have been on The Mod Squad.
How do I know?
He made it onto Jeopardy last year and I got to see the episode on TV.
Isn't life interesting?

2 comments:

Chris M. said...

Okay, I came I saw... did I mention, "I'm so jealous!"? LOL

You're cracking me up with your enthusiasm for your highspeed. Will you laugh along with me if/when I finally get my own? Of course you will, cuz you're that kind of friend! :-)

Love the blast from your past... I'm sorry to say that I didn't watch The Mod Squad... as DH would say... It was before my time. LOL

Brandy said...

I hate to make you cry, but the Mod Squad was before my time. *G* I'm all for the woody with surfboards though!
Keep being thrilled by your High Speed!

I Tried a Book Out of My Comfort Zone

Sometimes, reading out of my comfort zone is ... well, uncomfortable. The blurb of the book sounded rather interesting. The Fate of Mercy ...