Thursday, July 02, 2009

Rain

It's raining
Again.
What's up with that?
No. Wait. It comes down.
What's down with that?
Flooding.
My okra rotted.
Of nine plants, only two survive.
I'm bummed.

Humid weather wrecks havoc.
I bought a watermelon.
Left it on the floor of my kitchen.
What?
It was BIG!
Anyway, my youngest says, "Mom! Something spilled!"

Um...nope. Something split.
Said watermelon had had a rough patch on it and that patch was a blemish
which allowed for early rotting.
It split.
Brownish slimey goo had sneaked out of this crack and oozed its way into a puddle.
EWWWWWW!

So....heave ho!

It was only five days. Sheesh.
I've had them there for a week and a half and be perfectly fine!

Oh...plans for 4th of July.
Yes, I have some.
Yes, I will take pictures.
Dang if they are STILL predicting rain!

What's up with that?
Ah, Right.
Down, I'm Down with that!
Happy DRY 4th of July to everyone!

2 comments:

Dru said...

I hear you on the rain.

That's funny because I bought peaches and left them in the bag only to discover when I wanted one, they were all yucky squishy.

Have a good day.

Brandy said...

I have a watermelon sitting on my counter. It's been there for over a week. *G* Sorry about all the rain. I hoe you have a great 4th of July!

I Tried a Book Out of My Comfort Zone

Sometimes, reading out of my comfort zone is ... well, uncomfortable. The blurb of the book sounded rather interesting. The Fate of Mercy ...