Tuesday, December 01, 2020

Audio Perfection

 I'm a very happy ... listener.

I read this book in 2015 but listening to it in the audio version was like discovering it anew. 

The narrator, Barbara Rosenblat, read Siren's Call by Jayne Castle. It's she who made the experience extra special. 

 Her voice has a smoky quality to it. For Rafe's POV, it was perfect - low and growly, and Ella's POV had the right amount of feminine flair and personality. How Ms. Rosenblat expressed the repartee between the characters, and her inflections during the many entertaining dialogues had me laughing out loud. Of course, the writing has to be stellar in the first place and Jayne Castle, a la Jayne Ann Krentz, is an amazing, prolific writer who has entertained me for over 2 decades. 

I really enjoyed listening to Ms. Rosenblat's narration and I searched for a sample to share and I found it, Here.

Ella's dust-bunny partner, Lorelei, is charming and delightful, especially when it comes to powdered donuts and her wedding veil. Those two props were well-placed comedic foils that lightened the plot at the most unusual times. I adored Lorelei. The narrator brought her antics to vivid life.

I listened to the book using Libby, through my library. I had the best experience and I'm hoping that Ms. Rosenblat has narrated other stories in the Ghost Hunter series. The planet of Harmony continues to fascinate me and through audiobooks, I get the feeling I'm going to fall in love with the series all over again. 

I adored Siren's Call in 2015 in print. In 2020, the adoration continues. 😊

No comments:

I Tried a Book Out of My Comfort Zone

Sometimes, reading out of my comfort zone is ... well, uncomfortable. The blurb of the book sounded rather interesting. The Fate of Mercy ...