Saturday, December 06, 2008

Internet Yo-Yo

It did it again.
I was down.
I give up.
The cable rots. Should Verizon get off it's butt and install those fiber optics in my country county, I'll be switching from cable internet to DSL so fast! At work, they have DSL and it has NEVER gone down in the 2 years I've been there.

Be that as it may, I have some pics to share from when we went to Santa's Land. It's probably for the last time as my youngest is giving hints that Santa is really us. They grow so fast!

Anyway...here are some interesting pet tricks: I think this is Claude. I learned AFTER I took the picture that when llama's ears are laid back...be prepared to be spit upon and they can spit up to 15 feet! I was REALLY lucky he never let loose!

This next photograph is one of the original figurines from it's grand opening back in the 1950's. It's the Purple Plum Man.
Not very originally named is it? LOL...he was missing last year. He finally did a 'humpy dumpty' and fell off his ... caldron? Anyway, his historical ambiance is important to the history of Santa's Land so they repaired him. He sort of gives me nightmares....

This next is me being my wierd and irreverant self. You never DO know what you are going to see or read about on my blog, do you? Ha. My question. What animal does THIS come from????



They have a 1500 pound dromedary who is a year 'round resident. Amazing to see an animal that I'm more accustomed to seeing in the desert. I bet you didn't know that camels get Air Mail, did you? **chortle**



I'm also sharing a short video of these really cute and fluffy chickens. I don't know the breed but they are so CUTE!


I guess that's the update for now.
Hope your weekend is going well.
I hope to update my blog a bit more regularly, internet willing.
Take care!

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Okay, you're right, the purple guy is freaky. And creepy. *G*
As for your computer woes, I'm sorry. But, I can tell you we have DSL through AT&T and it goes down sometimes. As a matter of fact, it did about a week ago, and it wasn't OUR fault.
I'm pretty sure that the 13 year old knows we're Santa, but she's being sneaky about it. I think she's playing with us! *G* Luckily the six year old is still convinced there is a Santa. *G*
HUGS!

Michele said...

Thanks, I'm glad I am not freaking out alone from the Purple Plum Man. LOLOLOL

thanks for visiting, Brandy
Hugs

I Tried a Book Out of My Comfort Zone

Sometimes, reading out of my comfort zone is ... well, uncomfortable. The blurb of the book sounded rather interesting. The Fate of Mercy ...