Sunday, January 04, 2009

It's about time!

I have internet!
It's been cold and yet I remain online. Can you believe how long it took?

They had to install a thicker cable. If only they'd figured out the issue back in November, they wouldn't have had to stumble though eight inches of snow to do the job.
Silly men.
LOL

So, how were your holidays?
Mine went quite well. Got to see ALL of my family. My little sis came up with her family from Florida and the cousins had a rousing good time.

I got a couple of nice gifts from Santa DH.
I ate lots and lots and made my very first chocolate fondu! It came out great!
Leftovers makes great sauce over vanilla ice cream too. YUM.

I won an Ebook from Shelly Munro's birthday bash that she held during the entire month of December. I just found out yesterday. Major squeee moment, let me tell you.

OH, and how did I enter if I didn't' have internet? Work. I have internet access during my lunch at work...though never long enough to do anything of great length. Just enough to contact me and tell them I was still alive. *grin*

I submitted a short story (1,000 words) and found out yesterday that it was accepted at LASR. Should be posted in January. Color me EXCITED!

Guess all that downtime from being offline was good for something, eh?

During the holidays we didn't do much. Generally we just enjoyed the downtime. School for my kids has been rather stressfull and tough, so this short reprieve has been much welcomed.

I took LOTS of pictures, but I can't share any because they were mostly of family. I can share our tree though. The kids totally decorated it. I only did the lights. Not bad, eh?
We fit the tree in where we can, in a place that is colder than the rest of the house. Mostly because a wood stove would dry up it up in record time. It always ends up our family mud room. ::shrugs:: It works.





Anyway, Happy New Year!
Oh, and for any who are wondering...No, I did not make any resolutions.
Bah Humbug...like I'd keep them anyway?
LOL

How about you?

3 comments:

Dru said...

It's good to see you online. Love the tree.

Resolutions? Not any more as you said, they tend to get broken.

Congrats on the short story and I'll look for it when it's posted on LASR.

Have a good Sunday.

Brandy said...

YAY! You're back! *G*Congratulations on the short story acceptance at LASR. I TOLD you that you are a good writer!
Glad your Christmas went well and that you were able to spend time with your family. I hope your boys are well.
I don't blame you for the lack of resolutions. I don't make any, either.
Have a peaceful Sunday!

Brandy said...

Um, just wanted to let you know I have to view your blog in Safari this week. Windows does NOT like your blog.

I Tried a Book Out of My Comfort Zone

Sometimes, reading out of my comfort zone is ... well, uncomfortable. The blurb of the book sounded rather interesting. The Fate of Mercy ...