Friday, August 20, 2010

My Friday ARGH

I never should have gotten up this morning.  Always be careful of where you send your email notes.
It may not go where you think and your words will come back and bite you on the ass.  I know I need to lose weight but getting my ass chewed is not the way to do it.  I've sent an apology out but have no idea if it will be received well or not.  I hate this. And LAST Friday was Friday the 13th, so what is today's excuse?

In a lighter note, I saw a little dog about eight feet from my car on Wednesday night. I thought it was a dog. It acted like a dog.
A car was heading towards me on the street, the canine stepped to my side of the road and waited for the car to pass. I inched along not knowing what it would do.  I stopped my car completely and when it turned to look at me, I realized it was a fox, not a dog. HOW COOL!  And it slowly loped across the road after it looked both ways and realized I wasn't moving.  Smart little fox!  I was tickled pink to see that.  He/she was so CUTE!

My pole beans are too high, they are taunting me. I look up and there they are dangling there, teasing me and I can't get them.  I will plan MUCH better next year.

My kids found some baby snakes. Played with them a bit.  They are cute when they are no bigger than a pencil.

LOTS of woolly bear caterpillars lately.  And they are so furry!  Does that mean we are going to have a very snowy and cold winter?   That's OK because by the end of next week, we will have a NEW WOOD STOVE! I'm thrilled! Excited! Happy! - we've saved and planned a whole year for this.  We have someone that it going to fix the chimney and another company that will deliver the stove.  It's finally all coming together.  And the new stoves have a place to COOK on!  I can't wait to try it... then again, I will wait.  Why rush winter?

I'm reading a really good book called His Captive by Diana Cosby.  Great Scottish historical romance. Usually I can finish a book in short order but life has been getting in the way and I've not been reading  like I usually do.  But so far, it rocks. She's a new to me author too.  I love discovering new authors.

Next week will be the week before school and school has already reared it's demanding head.  I have orientations, uniform fittings, meetings with nurses, MD appointments and band camp to deal with.  ARGH!

The ONLY movie I was able to bring my kids to see was the new Cats and Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore and it rocked!   When asked what their favorite part was, they thought about it....and said THE WHOLE THING!  That was a first.  There wasn't one part they could pick over another.  I guess if I had to pick a summer movie to see, I chose well. :-)

So, that's my  update.   Life is a roller coaster and sometimes ...well... I'm in the dip. Can't wait until it travels back up so I can see where the heck I am.
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Hugs for the email.
We're gearing up for school, too. Though ours is at home. *g*
I'm glad you and your kids enjoyed the movie together. And Congratulations on the new wood stove!

Hope your Friday improves!

I Tried a Book Out of My Comfort Zone

Sometimes, reading out of my comfort zone is ... well, uncomfortable. The blurb of the book sounded rather interesting. The Fate of Mercy ...