Monday, August 02, 2010

Where's the Fairy?

Yep, you are probably wondering what happened. Or maybe you're not but I'll tell you about it anyway.

You see, I have this other persona that has become a big part of my life and as that person, I have been itching to comment back but I can't as me,myself.  Stupid BLOGGER will not let me separate identities and for some reason I can't have a separate profile.  For those of you who have been with me almost since 2005, you'll know me as me.  I usually write you off grid anyway in one form or another so this change should not be a big deal.  So, M's isn't going to make much sense with new viewers because the name now starts with an X.

As with my new moniker, its actual representation is that flower.  It's what I am. Well, no not really, not unless I was an alien. *gg*

So, that's that.
In other news, I was Mz. Suzy Homemaker this weekend.  Saturday I made buttermilk blueberry pancakes for breakfast.  Sunday I made French Toast for breakfast.  Later on, I premade for future use a HUGE batch of lasagna and put it in the freezer.  Then I made New England clam chowder - yes from scratch and corn bread, not from scratch.  I love those little Jiffy boxes.  It's another reason why I need September to arrive fast.

Why? Zumba.  After eating all the rich food and having an unnaturally sedentary  lifestyle, I need that commitment to movement. I need to Zumba but working nights prevents my attending.  I work during when the classes are held.  I miss it because I've noticed a massive difference in how I feel about myself and my energy levels.  Although this month, I'd not be going anyway.  Our instructor and owner of the studio has had major surgery.  She'll be back in September.  Guess we'll all be starting fresh.

Oh, I picked my first ripened on the vine tomato and it's exciting. My squash plants are languishng, poor things.  I have ONE cucumber however and my pole beans are doing great.  Speaking of Pole Beans...what possessed me to use poles 12 feet high?   I never gave it a thought that I'd have to GET the beans waaay up there!!   Must have been a blonde moment.

Have a great week and I hope you don't have any blonde moments of your own. ;-)

1 comment:

Brandy said...

You are more than welcome to share that french toast. *g* It's funny about those jiffy boxes. I like them, they're sweet cornbread and Chris doesn't. He prefers buttermilk cornbread. We only eat it when we have pinto beans. *g*
Sorry to hear you're missing Zumba so much. Yay on the tomato!

I hope whatever identity issue you have going on is resolved soon.

Hope you had a great weekend!

I Tried a Book Out of My Comfort Zone

Sometimes, reading out of my comfort zone is ... well, uncomfortable. The blurb of the book sounded rather interesting. The Fate of Mercy ...