Sunday, December 30, 2007

I'm resolved to NO new Resolution

I'm not making any new New Year's Resolutions this year folks.

I'm keeping last years. *grin*

I have been working on a story and it's gone through the fine toothed comb of three edits. The process is long for me because I've not dedicated myself exclusively to it. If you've been reading my blog for the last few months, then you know what has been distracting me. Initially it was my being a reviewer, then came the crisis with my son. That saga continues. I have an apppointment with an attorney tomorrow BUT that might be affected by the 2 inches an hour of snow predicted for Late tonight into tomorrow morning. My appointment is in the morning. Oh Joy.

My other goal was to lose weight. Lose weight? Hahahahaha.

All I wanted was to lose 5 pounds...I GAINED it. Can anyone say "Stress Eating?"

I tried a new flavor of coffee the other day... Double Chocolate. Can you say "YUM" ?
So, What are YOUR plans for New Years Eve?

For the first time in years, we have plans. We've been invited to my co-workers house and it should be good. We're bringing the wine: Blackberry Merlot.
It has become my absolute favorite. It goes well with food, never looses its flavor and is smooth and tasty. I'm not a wine drinker but I make exceptions for this wine.

I have to make chocolate chip cookies and brownies too...who won't eat chocolate?

BTW - My Christmas dinner was Hot Dogs and Beans. LOL

We ended up not going anywhere because my DH and youngest ended up with colds. The two houses we were to visit on Christmas had people with compromised immune sysytems. We couldn't expose them to germs so we stayed home. Since we anticipated eating well and coming home with left-overs because we always do, we had nothing in the house. Hence, Pork and Beans for supper.

You make the best of things when you have to.
The best thing? Staying in our PJ's all day! And playing Monopoly with my little one for 2 hours. Eldest built a LEGO masterpiece - tried to anyway. It has over 1300+ pieces and he had to stop when he found he had legos missing. Replacement parts are on thier way. The Lego Company is really awesome in customer service for replacing missing parts from their kits.


Anyone have a Wii yet? Three families got together to get it for my kids.

Oh my goodness! It is SO COOL!


My kids were playing the baseball game and begged me to try it out.
Woot!

Mom goes up to bat. Not only do I get all bases loaded, I HIT A HOME RUN!!
My kid's jaws dropped to the floor. Mom is GOOD!

**VBG**
OH! I promised to show you my Cyber-Buddy, Bubba. You know, the cat who claimed me via rubbing on the PC screen? He is SO cute!


12 comments:

Brandy said...

Sometims is the unexpected days, like your Christmas, that are more memorable and favored. *g* Best of luck with the lawyer tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you.
WOOT! A Wii! I love that you shocked your kids
Have fun at the New Year's Party! In my opinion everything goes better with chocolate.
As for New Years Resolutions, they are very easy to break, don't worry about it. Concentrate on what's most important to you and your year should go well.
Love and Hugs to you!

Dru said...

I'm with you - I'm not making new year resolutions.

I have no plans to but to get rid of this darn cold.

Enjoy your festivities.

Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...

Wishing you a Happy New Year, Michele, filled with joy and happiness; the comforting warmth of love; good health and wellbeing; the delight of true friendship; and enough of whatever you want and need to fulfill your deepest dreams and desires.

Thank you for enriching my life this past year. May all your dreams come true in 2008!

From my heart to yours,

--Daisy

Anonymous said...

My resolution is simply to stay focused. I'm sticking to it.

Rayke said...

I'm ridiculously jealous that you have a Wii.

Double Chocolate Coffee?? Sounds fantastic.

I created a Lego masterpiece once. It was a spaceship. I tried to launch it by strapping a ton of bottle rockets to it and lighting them all at once...

And that's the story of how my grandpa lost his eye.

Jokes. It actually just exploded into a glorious eruption of colors and melted plastic.

My finest moment.

It smelled fantastic and took 3 days to clean up.

Jill Monroe said...

Santa brought a wii to our house, and let me tell you - it was a major gift for mommy and daddy as well. I'm enjoying the boxing, go figure.

I kind of decided not to do resolutions this year - just be more resolute. I WILL write three complete novels this year.

Hope you all get to feeling better soon in your house!

Bailey Stewart said...

Happy belated New Years.

There's my Bubba the Red-necked Kitty, in the tent his auntie Brandy sent to him.

I don't make resolutions either. In the past I always broke them, so I figure "why bother"?

I'm glad things worked out with the lawyer.

Lianne Lopes said...

Hi there. As you know by now, I've not been a very good blogger. Which means I don't check my blog on a daily basis, which means I didn't see your comment with the Christmas wishes until today, January 2. So I'm way late, but wanted to tell you thanks. I hope you had a great Christmas and a happy New Year. Here's also wishing you a 2008 full of blessings and fulfilled dreams.

Shesawriter said...

Great minds think alike. I'm not doing ANY resolutions other than that I want to be a better writer. That's about it. :-)

Happy New Year!

Marianne Arkins said...

Ready for a new post, plz.

:-D

Anonymous said...

I resolve to be more resolute.

And eat more.

Michele said...

Lawyer was part genius, part egotistic Wizard of Oz.
Expensive too.

But his name has clout and that's what we need.
I had a nice New Years celebration.
Back to the grindstone!
Thanks for stopping by, Brandy!

****************************

Dru! MAJOR resolution, to get rid of your cold. I hope it's gone by now! That's one I'm eager for you to keep.
HUGS

********************************

Daisy..you are SO sweet.!
Thank you ... and your books have touched me in 2007 - can't wait for 2008's!

**************************

Wayne, I could use your resolution in my life right now. Very wise choice. I hope you keep it!
Kudos!

***********************

Rayke

Oh Good heavens! You Blew UP a Lego Ship? My kids would have LOVED that. They get the biggest kick out of watching Gomaz from the Addams Family, crash and blow up his trains.

It's a guy thing.
*wink*

******************************

Jill!
You like the Boxing? I can dig it! TAlk about Cardio Workout with your arms. You go, girl!!!!

Gee, with YOUR resolution, comes MY resolution...I'll READ your three books. LOL
Hugs and thanks for sharing , Jill!!!!

******************
Bailey!

Yep, There's Bubba! He's so CUTE.

and Thanks.
Chat soon!

***************************

Lianne!

LOL..blogging , when you have other things going on, is hard...look how long my blog has laid stagnant and my getting back to everyone here? Time flies when you are living.

I too wish you well in 2008.
Thanks for stopping by!

*************************

Tanya! lolol.. I LOVE being compared with your mind. What a compliment. Thanks!

Happy New year to you too!

***************************

Yes Yes YEs, Marianne, I'm working on it..LOLOLOL HUGS

**********************
ACK and Gads!!
It's MOUTH!
Hey there, you are ALIVE!!!!
I"m gonna have to bop over there and harrass you.
What are my choices this time?


Woot to Irreverancy!!!!!

I Tried a Book Out of My Comfort Zone

Sometimes, reading out of my comfort zone is ... well, uncomfortable. The blurb of the book sounded rather interesting. The Fate of Mercy ...