Saturday, January 06, 2018

New Year's Resolutions That Aren't


Good grief.
It's 2018 already and I didn't blog at ALL in a whole YEAR?  What happened to my resolutions??

Hmmm, well, the last one for 2017 was the hardest, as I thought it would be. However, I am still a lector at my church and I now co-teach Faith Formation classes (4th grade), otherwise known as CCD classes.

I didn't bake as much as I wanted to but I did bake more than 2016 so that's something.

I did have a garden this year afterall! I was so excited to get a great many zucchini, tomatoes and cucumbers.  However, I had to fight an unknown plant assailant. It might have been a baby bunny, a chipmunk or a vole. I had a fence, and sonic mole stakes but it wasn't enough.  I ended up using PVC pipes and pantyhose as part of my anti-critter arsenal.  Once I did that, my plants finally had a chance to grow and produce.

As far as exercise?  Totally laughable. The part of my body most exercised was my brain. I read a lot! Of course, since it's an addiction, that's easy to do.

 As far as 2018 resolutions, I don't think I should make any. I could make wishes ....lol

1) Bake more, eat less.
2) Exercise once a week (it doesn't sound like a lot but believe me, for me? It is. Sad that.)
3) Blog more than once this year. Today's post doesn't count.
4) Use nail polish more often
5) See my IRL friends more often
6) Go on a couple of nature walks while not forgetting my camera
7) Make French Onion soup.  In all my years, I've never tried and I really want to.
8) See more than 1 movie a year - maybe see 2!
9) Try growing Pattypan squash again - on purpose.  I bought one last year and had NO idea what it was and when I saw this odd looking thing, I had no idea what to do with it.  After YouTube searches there will be a serious hunt to get another plant or two - on purpose instead of accidental.
10) Find more easy Crock Pot recipes
11) Try a new exotic veggie - that means actually preparing and eating - not look at it and take pictures.
12) Organize my Keeper Shelf.

So there are my personal wishes, one a month for 2018.  If half of those 'wishes' come true, I'll feel moderately accomplished.

Now, off to explore the world of essential oils.  It's a great unknown but promises to be scentastic. ;)

No comments:

I Tried a Book Out of My Comfort Zone

Sometimes, reading out of my comfort zone is ... well, uncomfortable. The blurb of the book sounded rather interesting. The Fate of Mercy ...