Saturday, January 20, 2018

So Addicting, I Binged Bought




Good moring! This Saturday I'm going to share books/series/authors who've inspired me to binge buy. Many people talk about what series they've binge watched on Netflix, but hardly anyone crows about doing the same with books.

The first one I want to share is:

1) Big Sky Alien Mail Order Brides By Elsa Jade

They were looking for love in all the wrong galaxies… -

With a teaser like that, my curiosity prompted me to buy the first story in the series. After Alpha Star, I immediately bought 6 books by Ms. Jade, then I bought a couple of others. And I read to my heart's content. They weren't all first-place winners but every single one entertained, engaged and provided wonderful escapism with an HEA.



2) Wolves of Angels Rest is another series by Elsa Jade

The mating moon is rising...
The wolf-shifters of Angels Rest are on the prowl.



I bought 10 of the books right off the bat and I devoured every single one. I think I read all the books in both series within a week and a half. They were so much fun!



3) The title grabbed me - Monster in My Closet (A Monster Haven Story, Book 1) but the book enchanted me. The concept was so different and original, how could I resist? My reading frenzie resulted in the immediate purchase of 7 more books in the series and I devoured them within a matter of days. Fascinating stuff!!




4) Alanea Alder is my next binge buying event - it started with My Commander and I was so hooked I promptly bought 5 more and enjoyed every single one.

In researching book covers for this, I noticed that there are 3 more books in the series I missed!!! Guess what I'm going to be doing today??? **grin**

5) I think I've lost count as to how many of Lynn Red's books I've bought and read. I stopped looking at titles after I hit 10, lol. If you like shifter romances be it bear or wolf, then she's got the goods.



6) Caris Roane is another author that I simply could not get enough of. I discovered her Blood Rose series when she was 6 books in - I bought them all and then as soon as the others came out... 3 more I believe, I bought them as well. How could I not? I loved her heroes! So yeah, I binged until I read them all.




6) Jennifer Ashley and her paranormal shifter series. I've bought books in binge style twice, both times it was 5 books in a row. She has so many to choose from! Her heroes and heroines are strong and compliment each other nicely. Her world building is certainly unique and I was always vested in her heroes finding their HEA. They didn't have it easy. Their falling in love is the greatest hook!






Actually, I went looking through my list and so far I have a OVER 20 books by Ms. Ashley. That's quite the investment in an author, eh? Worth every dollar. :)






7) Aileen Erin - Nook had her first book, Becoming Alpha, on sale at a price I couldn't pass up. The premise sounded interesting. At first I thought it was going to be a YA series, but instead I think it's a New Adult .. or whatever the term ... it's a paranormal with lots of drama, action, challenges and witches - both good and bad. It follows the journey of a young girl who was accidentally bit and turned into a werewolf. The set up might sound familiar to avid paranormal readers, but trust me, there's a lot that is wholly unique to Ms. Erin. I was blown away and had to, simply HAD TO find out if there were more and I found a total of 8 books. It was the PERFECT Binge Read experience!!!! The books have to be read in order because it's following Tessa's journey and I am so SO glad I discovered Ms. Erin's Alpha series. It rocks.





There you have it - my 7 most amazing binge reads. When I look back over my post I realize I'm REALLY into paranormal binge reading! I had no idea! That's funny.

The good thing is, I know more are waiting for me out there in bookland and I can't wait to find my next addiction. Do you have any to recommend? :) I adore discovering new authors.

Anyway,
Thanks for visiting!

8 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

Okay ... well... I've not heard of ANY of those authors! Looks like they're mainly paranormal, which I love, so I'll have to check them out. Any suggestion on where to start first?

Kathy said...

New books for me too. Once again thanks for all of the suggestions. You've also gone to a lot of work. Nice post.

Lydia said...

I hadn't heard of any of these books either. I really like the covers for the Alpha series, though. They make me want to step into that scene and pet the werewolves....although I'm not sure the wolves would appreciate that at all. LOL.

This is my Saturday Seven. Thanks for stopping by earlier today.

Michele said...

Hi, Marianne:

Thanks for visiting. If I had to choose a series, I'd go with Aileen Erin's because it's a finite number of books. The others are going strong. Then again the other authors have books that are standalones, so you may want to try those. Many are on the "hot" side of things, but Becoming Alpha and the rest are more sweet, or sensual ... I don't think they go to the level of spicy - so, I'd recommend Ms. Erin's books.

Michele said...

Hi, Kathy! Thanks for visiting.

Yes, it took me a while to find all the covers I wanted to use. It was fun revisiting and remembering why I binged in the first place.
Thanks for the nice words about my post. :)

Michele said...

Hi, Lydia! Thanks for visiting.
And, knowing the guys in the Alpha series, as wolfs I think you'd be fine with an ear scratch or a quick pet. ;) The second cover is my favorite because that's actually her 'boyfriend' in his other form. I sometimes think I'd prefer having those titles in paperback just for the covers alone. :)

What amazes me about today's Saturday 7 is the variety of authors, subjects and genres that everyone has shared. It's fun!

S.K. Dubois said...

All new authors to me also. And I enjoy the look at covers for each series. In the market for that myself and your selections gave me inspiration. Thanks for the new authors, too.

Michele said...

Hi, Sorchia, thanks for visiting and I'm glad you liked looking at the book covers. I had a hard time choosing the few that I did. :)

My post was an inspiration? Thanks for the awesome compliment!

I Tried a Book Out of My Comfort Zone

Sometimes, reading out of my comfort zone is ... well, uncomfortable. The blurb of the book sounded rather interesting. The Fate of Mercy ...