Thursday, December 07, 2006

Time flies

I used to do posts every couple of days. Have you noticed how the time between posts is getting longer and longer?
My hours are getting shorter but the days are getting longer. How strange is that?

Did you know that I'm on MySpace? Yep, Have been for awhile. I did something that is either really brave, silly or foolhardy. Take your pic.
I downloaded their IM product.

I have Yahoo messenger too but only one person "talks" to me on that. She's an author and I adore her. She has her first published book out but I haven't read it yet. I bought it, but naughty me, haven't read it. I remember her sharing excerpts with me and I will tell you, I KNOW I'm going to enjoy the anthology. No doubt about it. Just haven't gotten around to it. Same with another author I found while aimlessly hitting the Next Blog button. It was the first time I'd ever found a real cool blog by doing that. I bought her book too, but again, haven't found the time to read it.

Of course I HAVE read books, but these are Ebooks. Which means I have to sit my butt down in the chair and stay there. Paper books can be dragged all over - the bedroom, the waiting room at a car dealership, um .... dare I say, the bathroom too? ... yes indeed, paperback books can travel. So they get read quicker, easier and first.

Yes, yes, I know all about the E-readers out there. The big difference is the price. I'm looking at the choice between my handy dandy stationary PC already paid for vs. a fancy on the go machine that I would have to buy. I don't know about you, but I really don't see the need to spend money on that kind of device .... yet.

I am keeping my eye on them though. It's one of the future wish list items , like DSL ( no supporting wiring avaliable from phone company as of yet) or a new fancy schmancy digital camera or a landscaper. I'd throw in a maseusse, but I'd be pushing my luck.

I priced the cable internet around here. I'm curious as to what other companies charge for cable internet.

I was quoted $47.00 per month plus an initial $50.00 installation fee.

Is that comparable to other parts of the country? Are there cheaper rates out there? More?

Personally, I think they are greedy. Why does it have to be almost 50 bucks a month? In my locality, there is no competition - you either have cable or dial up.
*sigh*
I hate monopolies.

So, between all and sundry, time flies between posts. I hope all is well with all my visitors and that your holiday/Christmas shopping is going well.

Me?
Haven't even started.
Oh my.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

We have DSL, but mostly because DH and I wanted to be able to get online at the same time, and he needs it for school anyway. We have it through our phone carrier and our bill is combined with our phone bill, about $70 a month. Sad thing is, DH works for a cell company that has it as well and we'd get a discount on it, too bad it's not in our area yet!

I Tried a Book Out of My Comfort Zone

Sometimes, reading out of my comfort zone is ... well, uncomfortable. The blurb of the book sounded rather interesting. The Fate of Mercy ...