Saturday, July 08, 2006

The Joy of Gardening





A teenage granddaughter comes downstairs for her date with this see-through blouse on and no bra.
Her grandmother just pitched a fit, telling her not to dare go out like that!
The teenager tells her,
"Loosen up Grams. These are modern times. You gotta let your rose buds show!"
and out she goes.
The next day the teenager comes down stairs, and the grandmother is sitting there with no top on.
The teenager wants to die.
She explains to her grandmother that she has friends coming over and that it is just not appropriate...
The grandmother says,
"Loosen up, Sweetie. If you can show off your rose buds, then I can display my hanging baskets.

Happy Gardening.

LOL, another fun email I wanted to share with you. It's a little late to be timely, but still worth a groaning snort or two.

Most people don't know that back in 1912,
Hellmann's mayonnaise was
>manufactured in England.
In fact, the Titanic was carrying 12,000 jars
>of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico, which was
>to be the next port of call for the great ship after its stop in New York.
>>This would have been the largest single shipment of mayonnaise ever
delivered to Mexico. But as we know, the great ship did not make it to
>New York. The ship hit an iceberg and sank, and the cargo was forever
>lost.

>>The people of Mexico, who were crazy about mayonnaise, and were eagerly
>awaiting its delivery, were disconsolate at the loss. Their anguish was
>so great, that they declared a National Day of Mourning, which they
>still observe to this day.
>>The National Day of Mourning occurs each year on May 5th and is known,
>of course, as Sinko de Mayo.

>So there you now have it.

Have a super Saturday!

9 comments:

Brandy said...

Love the last one. Showed it to Dh,who hung his head, snickered and said " Oh, good Lord!" High praise indeed! *g*

Bailey Stewart said...

*Groan*

Emmy Ellis said...

LOL @ first one.

My poor brain doesn't know if the 2nd one is a joke or not...

:o)

Nancy said...

Great Jokes, hope you don't mind if I pass them on.

Nancy

Michele said...

Brandy, tell you DH, THANKS!! *grin*

Bailey - LOL - Gotcha

M.E. - *giggle* - You think the second could be true? Now we know why there's no mayo on Tacos!! LOL

Nancy, HI!! Welcome here and welcome to share the jokes. Since someone shared them with me - its how I got them, I'm happy to know you think they're worth sending on.
Thanks for stopping by!

Bailey Stewart said...

Oh, but you know I love groaners.

Emmy Ellis said...

No idea, love! Maybe I just didn't 'get it'. I'm slow with jokes...

:o)

Michele said...

Bailey! you do? Too funny!
I'll make sure I post them whenever I get a good one...just to get your reaction.

M.E.- hey there! You're making me giggle here...

Devon! Welcome and Hello! I'm very glad that you came to visit too.
Every now and again, I surprise myself with finding good chuckles to share - happy to have you visit at such a time.
Come back anytime! :-)

Anonymous said...

Too funny!

I Tried a Book Out of My Comfort Zone

Sometimes, reading out of my comfort zone is ... well, uncomfortable. The blurb of the book sounded rather interesting. The Fate of Mercy ...