Monday, July 24, 2006

Tagged again? A Record!

Mailyn is on a "tag Michele" roll.... which is flattering. Thanks!



1) When did you first start blogging and why?

I've actually mentioned this before in general chat, but not specifically.
I have ONE person to blame, author Nina Bangs.
A little over a year ago, I fell in love with a few of her stories and wanted to contact her to tell her so. On the back of one of her books, it had a web addy.
Soon after, she shares the news on her blog that she was part of the newly created Out of the Blogosphere, a mostly paranormal author webring, so of course I checked it out.
I was amazed as to how many authors whose books I've read were involved.
Turns out, to 'comment', I needed my own blog account and identity. That was the start of my addiction.

2) What don't you talk about?

I stay away from politics, my kids except for a general mention here or there, most things negative

3) Are you and your blogging persona the same person?

Actually not right off the bat. I can be gregarious here as well as on the phone.
I have an issue with eye-contact. You talk to me - I can look straight into your eyes, Me talk to YOU? my eyes are shifty. If you didn't know me, you'd think I was hiding something or not telling the truth. It's an auto response I'm not sure how to break. It irritates me when someone does it to me, but I don't know how to cure myself. Once I'm comfortable with someone, the urge to swirl disappears. Then, I'm like I am here. Sort of. Here I can edit my "blonde" moments.

4) How do you use blogging to build friendships?

Never did. Never would. Never say Never. I have three situational prospects that have me edging towards changing my mind.
The knowing of "how" is unknown to me at this time.
My cousin warned me NOT to do the "internet friendship" thing as she got badly burned and it took a long time for her feelings of betrayal to heal. Basically it relates to question #3 in that the answer for some people should be NO - but there are those that never intend to be honest - as she found out. They lie. How would we know the difference?
Sometimes the risk is too great.

5) How would you describe your writing style?

Babbling, wordy, overuse of "!!!" and " ......" and and verbal emoticons of
" **insert word** " - Fluffy! of course.


Did anything I revealed shock you? Or after a while of visiting , seem as you expected?

Anyway, This time,I'm remembering to tag someone .... hmmmmm, whom should I tag?

Fun Bailey (if not snagged yet) , the fascinating eMMa , the creative Brandy, the lovely Jill, and the traveling Kristen . Tag ladies!!!

7 comments:

Mailyn said...

WEEKLY MOVEMENT

Michele said...

Mailyn, Weekly Movement????
Sorry to say this, but that went right over my blonde head. I don't get it.

BTW - I've left comments on your blog since you've adopted comment moderation and I have yet to see any show up. Have I fallen into a black hole?
If I was REALLY insecure, I'd think my Chicken Dancing days were over and I should be expecting a dinner invitation to Marvin the Buther soon .....

Michele said...

*sigh* Butcher .... at least my typo capabilities are up to snuff

Rayke said...

Babbling, wordy, overuse of "!!!" and " ......" and and verbal emoticons of
" **insert word** " - Fluffy! of course.


That was pretty funny. I don't see anything wrong with over-punctuation, but I draw the line at verbal emoticons.

Brandy said...

Woman! I've been tagged again?! (awwwww, how sweet of you to think of me!) I'm creative? Really? Huh. I always thought I was boring as heck.

Michele said...

Thanks for the ...um.. compliment Rayke. You mean you don't like my "grins" and **giggles** ??

LOL
Thanks for stopping by today.
;-)


Brandy, yes! You are creative..you write nice poetry, do beautiful cross stitch and refinish furniture.
Of course that's interesting!

Mailyn said...

LMAO blogger was giving me all sorts of trouble yesterday when I tried to post in anyone's blog.

wtf is weekly movement?! OMG I kill myself. I wonder what the hell I was talking about. LMFAO!!!

yeah, I fixed that. stupid me activated the moderation thing by mistake doing something else. lol.

I Tried a Book Out of My Comfort Zone

Sometimes, reading out of my comfort zone is ... well, uncomfortable. The blurb of the book sounded rather interesting. The Fate of Mercy ...