Thursday, May 19, 2005

Thursday May 19th

Today, my favorite thing is learning. Sometimes you learn things you wished you didn't have to. I went to my adult faith formation class last night. I found out what a "Goth" person truly is and what a -I'm not sure of the exact word, but a sanguinist(?) along those lines is , I don't mind reading about characters sort of like them in romance/horror/fantasy books. I know the difference. But I found out there are some young tweens and teenagers who are choosing it as a serious lifestyle. NOT healthy. I also learned some things in my local hometown that exist that I wish didn't. I'm not even comfortable writing about them HERE! I've got 2 kids. Last night just seemed to make the job of being a parent a little harder. They have to grow up and go to school. Once in school, you can't control their exposure to the world anymore. *sigh* The only weapon is education of and communication with, parents and child. It sure beats putting your head in the sand.

No comments:

I Tried a Book Out of My Comfort Zone

Sometimes, reading out of my comfort zone is ... well, uncomfortable. The blurb of the book sounded rather interesting. The Fate of Mercy ...