Thursday, August 11, 2005

Food for Thoughts

Please recollect in a post a bit ago, I mentioned that I was listening to the BeeGees and remarked about the song, New York Mining Disaster 1941, which was their first hit. Have you listened to it? I mean, really listened to the song....the ending? Maybe you have, BUT maybe not how I just did, with earphones on, in the dark, with no distractions, just me and the music. That's when I heard it. The ending. I had goosebumps and chills going up and down my spine. I never noticed how the song ended and what it signified. OMGOSH! It caught me by surprise and brought tears to my eyes. Its not a wonder why the song was so popular. Anything that pulls the heart strings that effectively and touches a responsive chord in the listener is bound to be noticed.

What is the most poignant, touching song you remember?
Do you cry? Sigh? Or do you pause and let it flow around and surround you with it's message?

Music is powerful mojo...it can put you into a mood or bring you out of one.


What mood am I in? Contemplative is my guess.

Time to switch gears...sombre is OK for a bit..but I'd be remiss if I didn't lighten up the blog here.


Right??


This next item is being posted in honor of Undead and Unappreciated by MaryJanice Davidson. I just picked up her new book and I'm SO excited!!! If you know all about Betsy....then you'll understand the following!!!!!




















Subj: A Woman And Her Desires (S411) From: JokesUncut - 06 December 2004 At: mrx@ezines4all.com on 12/6/2004


The woman entered the room, and with a knowing smile teasing her full lips,
she sank into the comfort of the plush chair in the corner. The handsome stranger turned, having sensed her approach. Locking his steely gray eyes on hers, he moved slowly toward her, his experienced gaze measuring her, hypnotizing her with his soft murmurs of assurance. He sank to his knees before her and without a word, smoothly released her from her constraining attire.
With a sigh of surrender, she allowed his foreign hands to unleash her bare flesh. He expertly guided his hands through this tender, often hidden territory, his movements deliberate, confident in his ability to satisfy her every need. Her senses swam.
She was overcome with an aching desire that had gone unfulfilled for so long. And, just as it seemed that ecstasy was within her grasp, he paused, and for one heart-stopping moment, she thought, "It's too big! - it will never fit!"
Then, with a sudden rush, it slid into place as if it had been made only for her! As pleasure and contentment washed over her, she met his steady gaze, tears of gratitude shining in her eyes. And he knew it wouldn't be long before she returned.
Oh, yes, this woman would want more.

She would want to do it again and again and again.

Don't cha just LOVE shopping for SHOES.

And with Betsy....all the good shoes cost over $200.00!!!! For that price, the experience Better be that good!

If you suspect that this blog is coming to a close you'd be right.


What was the clue? Don't worry.. I just finished reading 3 books and I still have to post the pictures from the festival. The CUTEST cookies were made and I took a picture. I'll share them next blog. Until then...here's wishing you good music, food and friends!!!!
Until next blog!


4 comments:

Shesawriter said...

There are several songs that I get me.

1. Annie's Song, by John Denver.
2. Dance With My Father, by Luther Vandross
3. Papa Can You Hear Me, by Barbra S
4. Upon This Rock, by Sandi Patti
5. Try Jah Love, by Third World
6. Because You Loved Me, Celine Dion
7. At Last, Etta James
8. Nature Boy (by anyone who can tear up a Saxaphone)

There are many more, but I'd be typing all night. :-)

Tanya

Michele said...

Impressive list, Tanya!
The only one I recognize is Annie's Song. I'll have to check out the other ones..., Will I need a whole box of tissues???

Suisan said...

All Around my Hat (I will wear the Green Willow) by Pentangle.

Totally obscure, but it instantly transports me to my aunt's kitchen in the early 70's when I thought she was the coolest grwon up ever. (And she was then 20 years younger than I am now. Ugh.)

Michele said...

Wow, suisan, that song and group is a new one on me. The memory sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing a happy moment in time!

I Tried a Book Out of My Comfort Zone

Sometimes, reading out of my comfort zone is ... well, uncomfortable. The blurb of the book sounded rather interesting. The Fate of Mercy ...