Monday, August 22, 2005

Odds and huh?



Word of the day: Stertorous - Adj: Characterized by a harsh snoring or gasping sound.
(derived from Latin stertere "to snore')

I know someone to use that word on, don't YOU?

Last post, I mentioned that AngieW had a great idea to find the top 100 songs of the year you were born. Check out her site at: Well,HERE
So, I'm going to share the LONG list of my birth songs. I had fun.......
I'm supposed to BOLD my Fav's that I wouldn't change the station for and then Choose my absolute favorite.....That's a TALL order!!! But #1 is my#1, so gee, that was easy after all!

1. Surfin' U.S.A., Beach Boys 2. Sugar Shack, Jimmy Gilmer and The Fireballs 3. The End Of The World, Skeeter Davis 4. Rhythm Of The Rain, Cascades 5. Hey Paula, Paul and Paula
6. Blue Velvet, Bobby Vinton 7. He's So Fine, Chiffons 8. Fingertips II, Little Stevie Wonder
9 Washington Square, Village Stompers 10. So Much In Love, Tymes
11. Can't Get Used To Losing You, Andy Williams 12. My Boyfriend's Back, Angels
13. Sukiyaki, Kyu Sakamoto 14. She's A Fool, Lesley Gore 15. It's All Right, Impressions
16 Puff (The Magic Dragon), Peter, Paul and Mary 17. Blowin' In The Wind, Peter, Paul and Mary 18. Wipe Out, The Surfaris 19. Deep Purple, Nino Tempo and April Stevens
20. I'm Leaving It Up To You, Dale and Grace 21. I Love You Because, Al Martino
22. Wild Weekend, Rebels 23. You're The Reason I'm Living, Bobby Darin
24. Walk Like A Man, Four Seasons 25. Mockingbird, Inez Foxx 26. I Will Follow Him, Little Peggy March 27. Pipeline, Chantays
28. Surf City, Jan and Dean 29. It's My Party, Lesley Gore 30. Blame It On The Bossa Nova, Eydie Gorme
31. You Can't Sit Down, Flovells 32. Heat Wave, Martha and The Vandellas
33. Denise, Randy and The Rainbows 34. Walk Right In, Rooftop Singers
35. If You Wanna Be Happy, Jimmy Soul 36. Surfer Girl, Beach Boys 37. If I Had A Hammer, Trini Lopez 38. Everybody, Tommy Roe 39. Easier Said Than Done, Essex
40. Ruby Baby, Dion 41. Maria Elena, Los Indios Tabajaras 42. Our Day Will Come, Ruby and The Romantics 43. I Can't Stay Mad At You, Skeeter Davis
44. Hello, Stranger, Barbara Lewis 45. Be My Baby, Ronettes 46. Mean Woman Blues, Roy Orbison 47. South Street, Orlons 48. Days Of Wine And Roses, Henry Mancini
49. The Monkey Time, Major Lance 50. Candy Girl, Four Seasons 51. Still, Bill Anderson
52. Blue On Blue, Bobby Vinton 53. Cry Baby, Garnet Mimms and The Enchanters
54. Two Faces Have I, Lou Christie 55. Busted, Ray Charles 56. Da Doo Ron Ron, Crystals
57. Foolish Little Girl, Shirelles 58. Memphis, Lonnie Mack 59. In Dreams, Roy Orbison
60. More, Kal Winding 61. Fools Rush In, Rick Nelson 62. Losing You, Brenda Lee
63. Our Winter Love, Bill Pursell 64. I Wanna Be Around, Tony Bennett 65. You've Really Got A Hold On Me, Miracles 66. Sally Go 'Round The Roses, Jaynetts
67. Little Red Rooster, Sam Cooke 68. Then He Kissed, w Crystals 69. (You're The) Devil In Disguise, Elvis Presley 70. Those Lazy-hazy-crazy Days On Summer, Nat King Cole
71. Baby Workout, Jackie Wilson 72. Pride And Joy, Marvin Gaye
73. Walking The Dog, Rufus Thomas 74. From A Jack To A King, Ned Miller
75. Up On The Roof, Drifters 76. What Will My Mary Say, Johnny Mathis
77. Mama Didn't Lie, Jan Bradley 78. The Night Has A Thousand Eyes, Bobby Vee
79. Don't Say Nothin' Bad About My Baby, Little Eva 80. Ring Of Fire, Johnny Cash
81. (Down At) Papa Joe's, Dixiebelles With Cornbread and Jerry
82. Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp), Allan Sherman
83. Judy's Turn To Cry, Lesley Gore 84. Just One Look, Doris Troy
85. Mickey's Monkey, Miracles 86. Donna, The Prima Donna, Dion
87That Sunday, That Summer, Nat King Cole 88. Another Saturday Night, Sam Cooke
89. Painted, Tainted Rose, Al Martino 90. Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport, Roll Harris
91. Go Away Little Girl, Steve Lawrence 92. Take These Chains From My Heart, Ray Charles 93. Talk To Me, Sunny and The Sunglows 94. Come And Get These Memories, Martha and The Vandellas 95. Bossa Nova Baby, Elvis Presley 96. Do The Bird, Dee Dee Sharp
97. Shut Down, Beach Boys 98. One Fine Day, Chiffons
99. Little Town Flirt, Del Shannon
100. 500 Miles Away From Home, Bobby Bare

I never realized 1963 was such a cool year! Of course, what I am saying?.... I was BORN then....
Now I just have to figure out what in the world #85 sounds like...what a title!

OK the next is Naughty.....SO if you are faint of heart, easily disgusted or insulted, Or even have a trigger GAG REFLEX DO NOT LOOK AT THIS PICTURE!!!!!! This came in one of my email messages...the picture was a LOT bigger and you could SEE more clearly all that you really don't want to see....remember now.....no gagging! Or drooling! *ack!*







WELL, WE CAN ALL CROSS SOUTH BEACH, FL OFF THE VACTION LIST !!!!








Now, aren't you glad you dropped by?

No comments:

I Tried a Book Out of My Comfort Zone

Sometimes, reading out of my comfort zone is ... well, uncomfortable. The blurb of the book sounded rather interesting. The Fate of Mercy ...