Saturday, May 12, 2007

I Meow this book


Has any of my readers (thank you) gotten into the Darkyn Series by Lynn Viehl??

When I first read her book , Dark Need, I took high Umbrage to one of her religious references. That didn't stop me from reading the series however, because it grabs you and takes you along for such a thrill ride, you overlook what is, in the grand scheme of things, a personal viewpoint and a personal choice. I went on the ride to see what there was to see, and now there is
Night Lost by Lynn Viehl.
Are you ready for this question?
Gabriel Seran reminds me SO much of one of Christine Feehan's Carpathians ... can you guess which one?
Why do I get that impression? Perhaps it is the torture, the fact that they brick him in alive, facing "an eternity of suffering." When Nick finds him, it is horrible what the Brethern have done to him. Gabriel only had to endure for a little over 1/2 year but Christine Feehan's Carpathian was much longer, yet the two men share similar pain and remain strong at their core.
And Lynn, a very clever writer, gives you a hint about Nick but misleads you into thinking one thing until the end.
Nick is a delight.
If you've read it, did you know? If you did, how? What did I miss?
As for Richard - How could a character I was SO ready to dislike and write off have me now rooting for him? As of this moment, Richard needs to stay. After what he's been through, I'll wait for Phillippe to have his HEA, Richard needs his first. But .... is his new amour already introduced? Or will there be someone else?
Only Lynn knows...

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I've never read this author. But, good golly, you've made me curious as heck! Now, escuse me, off to the library database! *G*

I Tried a Book Out of My Comfort Zone

Sometimes, reading out of my comfort zone is ... well, uncomfortable. The blurb of the book sounded rather interesting. The Fate of Mercy ...